A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

10/26/12

Review: Rimmel Waterproof Sexy Curves Mascara

Last week I took a small road-trip to Northern Vermont for a job interview and stopped in a local drugstore to pick u some snacks for my night at the hotel. I was browsing the makeup section and found this mascara on sale for $3.44 dollars.

Rimmel Waterproof Sexy Curves Mascara
First off, I love the packaging, it is very slim and the color is just gorgeous!

wand
This is the part of the mascara I don't like - the wand! As you can see above, the wand has a very odd shape that makes this mascara very difficult to work with!

Here are the before and after pictures:

before mascara
Before applying mascara, curled lashes

with mascara
After applying mascara

As you can see there isn't a huge difference in the appearance of my lashes. My lashes do appear to be slightly longer but they don't have any added volume. The only way I found I could work with this mascara was by moving the wand in a back-and-forth motion up and down my lashes. The "normal" way I apply mascara didn't work. I also don't like how this mascara can be clumpy if you dont comb out your lashes right after applying the mascara.

Final Thoughts: It isn't the greatest mascara in the world and I have tried other drugstore mascaras that have given me better results.

I want to know if you have tried this mascara and had any better luck than I had?

-Liz
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment