A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

2/11/19

Sick Day Essentials

Happy Monday!

If you are reading this, I am happy and well. My husband and I BOTH caught the flu this past week and boy, was it a dozy! I haven't worked out in over a week and will probably be taking it easy for a while until I fully recover. I don't really have a ton to share, so here are some of my sick day essentials if you have a cold or the flu:

1. Cough drops


2. Dayquil/Nyquil
This stuff just helps with all the things from headache to sore throat to congestion

3.Tissues!

Tissues are a necessity because your nose will probably 
be leaking like the kitchen sink. I always get the ones with lotion 
because they don't cause your nose to get all dry and chaffed. 

4. Tea
A hot cup of tea really helps when you have a sore throat or a bad cough. 
Echinacea tea is really great when you're sick, I highly recommend! 
You should avoid caffeinated drinks like coffee because can cause
you to become dehydrated! 

5. Chicken Noodle Soup

Nothing makes me feel better than a hot bowl of chicken noodle soup!

6. Netflix/Hulu/Youtube


You'll probably be doing lots of sleeping and laying in bed, 
so I'd definetly recommend a good
streaming service. You can get caught up on your favorite show, 
or finally watch that movie you have been meaning to see.

Here's to feeling better and recovering from the cold and/or flu! 

What are your sick day essentials?


1 comment on "Sick Day Essentials"